July 9-13, 2018 | Grades 3-6
Kids Camp Details
Who: Children entering 3rd-6th grade for the 2018-2019 school year
What: An overnight, 5 day, Christian summer camp for boys and girls
Where: Camp Longridge, 10 Longridge Rd., Ridgeway, SC 29130 (near Columbia, SC)
When: July 9-13, 2018
Meals: We provide 12 meals for your camper(s) during the week. The first meal will be lunch on Monday. The last meal will be breakfast on Friday.
Housing: Campers stay in cabins with Camp Longridge counselors who have gone through counselor training and successfully passed all background checks. The campers will sleep on bunk beds (linens and bedding not provided). AC/Heat and bathroom facilities are provided in the cabins.
Activities: Lake (swim, blob, zipline, canoe, fish, water slide, etc), Challenge Course, Group Initiatives, Archery, Worship Music and Chapel, Daily Devotions, Gaga Ball, Games, Contests, Team Competitions, Skits, Camp Store, and more!
Cost: A $50 non-refundable deposit is required at the time of registration. The deposit is included in the below cost:
- $TBD per camper and adult leader
- $TBD per sibling (all brothers and sisters attending camp may receive this discount)
We are delighted that you will be spending a week with us at Camp Longridge. We trust that you will have great fun, make wonderful memories, and build lasting relationships with people in our group. However, be reminded that first priorities are that you grow in your relationship with your Savior and honor him in the way that you behave, act, and speak.
There is a canteen and gift shop that will be open during camp. Items such as snacks, refreshments, and souvenirs can be purchased there. The recommended amount for the week is $40. Please put money in a ziplock bag with camper’s name on it and turn it in at check-in. All meals at the camp and a camp T-shirt are included in the total fee.
Cell Phone Policy
Campers are not allowed to use cell phones or any other media/gaming device while at camp (This is camp policy.) To help your child get the most camp experience we want them to focus on their relationship with God and others at camp and not the media.
Cell service is also very limited at Camp Longridge. Incoming and outgoing calls from our office landline are reserved primarily for medical and/or emergency reasons.
Behavior and Respect
We have an awesome group of kids going and we expect great behavior from them. We will allow you as their parents to handle any issues that may come up on your drive back home with your child. If this issue was to arrive no refund will be given.
In Case of Emergency
Camp Longridge will have first aid and CPR certified staff on-site. An EMS station is conveniently located two miles from camp. In case of an emergency, please call 866-966-9805. Camp Longridge is a closed campus, no visitation is allowed while camp is in session unless approved by Camp Longridge administration.
|Bible||Sleeping Bag or Sheets & Blanket||Shorts (at least 5 inch inseam)|
|Pen or pencil||Pillow & Pillow Case||Shirts (not crop or halter tops)|
|Notebook||Wash Cloth||Bathings Suit (1 pc or tankini- if it cover midriff)
No bikinis allowed
|Flashlight||Bath Towel & Beach Towel||1 pair of jeans/pants|
|Toothpaste & Toothbrush||Lightweight Jacket|
|Shampoo, Conditioner, Soap||Additional Items||Pajamas|
|Hairbrush||Hat and/or sunglasses||Socks & Underwear|
|Deotorant||Extra bags for wet/dirty clothing||Close Toe/Heel Athletic Shoes|
|Sunscreen||Refillable water bottle||Cheap Flip Flops or Sandals|
|Bug Repellant||A small backpack to carry their notebook, pencil, Bible and water|
OPTIONAL PACKING TIPS:
- Dress is casual but modest. Place each daily outfit: Shorts, Underwear, Socks, Shirt, etc, in a large Gallon Ziploc Bag for each day and label the bags for Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, etc..
- Have a few additional Ziploc bag outfits incase the ones they are wearing get really dirty or wet. Pack extra gallon zip lock bags for messy shoes or wet clothes for the ride home.
- Pack their suitcase WITH them, so they have an idea of where there things are and to make sure no neede items are missed
- If you choose to send sheets and a blanket instead of a sleeping bag, practice making a bed with them. (I know, sounds simple, but first timers can stress out about this task. Parents, set your child up for success by working with them before camp!)
How Can I be Involved in my Childs Camp Experience?
Campers Love Receiving Mail: You can send your camper mail. Please mail it to 10 Longridge Rd, Ridgeway, SC 29130. Camper mail will be handed out on Tuesday – Thursday. Please put your camper’s name and church on the front. Example: Jane Doe – Cornerstone. Please keep in mind how long it will take your letter to get to the camp.
If your child needs medication during camp:
Camp Longridge staff and/or camper’s church leaders will routinely administer PRESCRIPTION MEDICATIONS ONLY. Please keep medication in original package that identifies the prescribing doctor. Place medication & additional instructions (if any) inside a clear, ziplock bag along with the camper name and church group written on it.
Monday, July 9th
- 9:30am Cornerstone Baptist Church
- (Load luggage, turn in meds, cell phones, check riding assignments, etc.)
- 10:00am Depart for Camp Longridge!
- 11:30am Arrive at Camp Longridge
Friday, July 13th
- 11:00am Leave Camp Longridge
- 12:30pm Arrive at Cornerstone Baptist Church
- Emergency Camp Phone: 866-966-9805
- Pastor Jason Fuson Cell: 843-858-7655
- Crystal Fuson Cell: 843-858-0324
(Please note that cell phone reception can be very poor at camp.)
Registration and Payment
Registration will open soon, please check back in!