- We believe in the Trinity. God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit are equal in essence and distinctive in person.
- We believe in the virgin birth, sinless life, vicarious death, and bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ.
- We believe that Jesus took our place on the cross and paid the sin debt that we owed God. This substitutionary atoning work makes forgiveness of sin possible for all of humanity.
- We believe that salvation is by faith in Jesus Christ alone, plus nothing and minus nothing. The conditions of salvation are repentance and faith.
- We believe in a literal heaven to be gained and a literal hell to be shunned.
- We believe that the Bible is totally true and trustworthy. It is “God-breathed”, and has been divinely protected from error. As a result, it contains everything we need for life and godliness.
- As a cooperating Southern Baptist congregation, we affirm the 2000 Baptist Faith and Message as our general statement of belief.
The Cornerstone Vision
Cornerstone Church is a conservative, Southern Baptist congregation that is committed to teaching the world about Jesus. To accomplish this, Cornerstone has adopted an “On Mission” focus that revolves around three foundational principles:
- Cornerstone Church will be a place of worship for people of all ethnic and
socio-economic groups, united in purpose around the person and work of Jesus Christ and the teachings of God’s inerrant Word.
- Cornerstone Church will be actively involved in local, national, and global missions with a primary emphasis on church planting.
- Cornerstone Church will be a Bible-teaching center for the Florence region. This teaching ministry will be in evidence in the ministries of Cornerstone Church and will extend to the Pee Dee region through a variety of community teaching strategies.
God is real. (Genesis 1:1)
God’s Word is true. (2 Timothy 3:16)
God loves you. (John 3:16)
God knows your hurt and pain. (Psalms 34:18)
God wants you to know Him. (John 17:3)
God made the way through Jesus. (Romans 5:6)
Jesus is God. (John 1:14)
Jesus died for our sin. (Romans 6:23)
Jesus is the only way to heaven (John 14:6)
Jesus will come again (John 14:2)